April 1, 2008

Easter Chickens

Here are some great pics from Easter. We had all of Anne's family over for dinner and the kids had a great time hunting for eggs and eating candy!! Isaac could not keep his eyes closed while we hid the eggs, so my sister tied a dishtowel around his head, that just made him look arabian! :-)Matthew is so active now, crawling everywhere. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, you always know what he is feeling, usually through laughter luckily. He loved "taking a ride" on grandpa's belly. When dad would laugh, Matthew would bounce up and down laughing hard.

And now for a chicken update....we are getting ready to move them to the backyard! Yeah. They are soooooo big. With the wild weather we had this last week, I am glad I did not do it sooner, but I am ready for them to be outside, not in our basement. Chris and Isaac have been working hard to build the coop. Though as you can barely see in this picture, Isaac is actually up playing in the dirt!
Here is the coop without the roof or any doors or windows cut out, but you get the general idea...I am really proud of Chris for turning into a "home builder" :-)

Here are the chickens in thir box, peeking put over the top.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

What happened to the coop you got off of Craig's list?

Pate Family said...

OH! I so want chickens too! I haven't quite convinced the other member of my family (and I'm not talking about my kids :) )that this is a good idea. I'll live vicariously (sp?) through you! (too bad I can't eat fresh eggs by looking at them on your blog!)